Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Good, the Bad and I'm Ugly

It's that day again - January 29. The day that is rather important to the two most important women in my life. The day I started courting the wife and the day my mum shuffled off this mortal coil. Paula (there I've said it) and I were supposed to be celebrating our 15th 'anniversary' but my mum had to go and spoil it by dying. typical of us bloody Halls, we're always trying to upstage each other!

Now, the 29th of January is treated as a celebration. The 13 years since mum died have whizzed past and its hard to believe that she's not here, especially as I often still talk to her - can't go to Kingsthorpe Cemetery very often though, buggers me up for the rest of the day. We celebrate the 29th because it gives us a chance to remember mum fondly and to celebrate the fact that the wife has got another year closer to achieving her Duke of Edinburgh Platinum Award for perseverance.

This year is a biggy in many ways; in a little under 8 months we'll be celebrating 25 years of marriage and having a big party to celebrate it; there will be a few people not there who we'd want to be there: Glynn, my brother in law who lost his fight at the ridiculous age of 26; of course, my mum and dad and a number of friends whose funerals we've attended over the last few years. Just to put a real dampener on the day, the odds suggest that at least one more person we'd like to be there on September 10th will pop his or her clogs, leaving another gap that won't be filled.

I'll tell you a little about my mum one of these days; but not today, eh.

Whoever reads this today, I hope you have a good day and if you've lost someone dear to you, take a few minutes out to remember them, that way they never truly die.

Love ya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modern Culture - Salvation or Soiled Pants?

The usual spoiler warnings apply... Bad Acting and Boredom Problem Christ, where do I start? This review is going to end up being done in tw...